Monday, July 5, 2010

Single Gal On The Loose....

Ok, so I mentioned the shocked reaction of me getting back in the saddle, and putting myself back in the game. Gotta say, bloody loving it!!!
So I have had offers from the most unthought of places, the ex's mates stepping forward to help me out for fun and entertainment, I hasten to add both were turned down, got myself on to a dating website, never something I really thought I wanted to do, but what the hell, its all about the self essteem, and have actually got a couple of dates lined up - don't worry I'll be reporting back on those! Guys I knew at uni offering a shoulder to cry on, and ex- colleagues offering up words of support mixed in with horrendous blatant sexual innuendo.
However, I have been on a few dates with a friend's friend. C, who I work with, took it upon herself to give a few helpful nudges to having a ganders at each others profiles (ahh Facebook, how we love you!!) and then there was a whole heap of messaging, and then one terrible drunk phone call ( or three!!) from myself which led to the setting up of the FIRST DATE. Bloody hell, it literally has been years since I put myself in to the first date situation, so much to think about, what do I wear? what if there's nothing to talk about? What if I totally embarass myself?
Well, I really needn't have worried, because within two minutes of meeting, I did exactly that. Embarrassed myself. Now, I am pretty used to this. I noramlly say something dumb or fall over or something like that. This time, I reached a whole new level. Kiss on the cheek to greet?? Nope, not me!! Hows a bout a nice firm handshake!! Oh it makes me cringe just thinking about it!! The worst thing was I didnt realise jju7st how cringey it was until the next day when I was telling my friend!!
Luckily, it can't have been so bad, as I have since been on quite a few dates with the Leprecorn! And will probably keep making a fool of myself, but at least I can laugh at myself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment